We think that you’ve never heard about this recipe. Honey buffalo chicken taquitos .. yeah and it looks very delicious. At least we didn’t knew about this recipe, but now we know, thankfully.
As usual, we were looking for delicious recipes and we found this recipe on the blog CarlsBadCravings.
This is what you need:
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken breasts, thawed
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, or more to taste
- 12 flour TortillaLand tortillas
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 less fat 8 oz. cream cheese, cubed*
- Honey Buffalo Sauce
- 3-4 tablespoons hot sauce (I use Frank’s Original)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoons black pepper
This is what you need to do:
- Add chicken to slow cooker. Whisk together the Honey Buffalo Sauce ingredients and pour HALF of the sauce over the chicken. Reserve the rest. Cover and cook on high 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours. Shred chicken when tender.
- Whisk together 1 tablespoon cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water and add to shredded chicken along with cream cheese. Stir to combine. Let cook on HIGH for an additional 30-60 minutes or until thickened and creamy, then stir in remaining Honey Buffalo Sauce. If your sauce doesn’t thicken completely for some reason, then use tongs to assemble chicken so you don’t get extra liquid in the taquitos.
- To assemble, add a heaping 1/4 cup chicken filling to the center of each tortilla and top with a heaping tablespoon cheese. Tightly roll up tortillas.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Working in batches, add taquitos and cook, until golden brown on all sides, rotating as needed, approximately 2 minutes. Repeat until taquitos are all cooked. Serve taquitos with ranch, blue cheese dressing/sauce or BBQ sauce – or just eat plain!
– I think 4 tablespoons is perfect and would only recommend 3 if you want them very kid friendly.